Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Beauty Items- E.L.F. & Ulta Haul


I picked up some products from Ulta and e.l.f. and I wanted to give you a run down of everything I bought. Let's begin with my Ulta package:

The first 3 things I purchased from Ulta are these Tarte HIgh Performance Natural Lipsergent Lip Tints.  The smell of these tints are very similar to the Revlon Lip Tints. It's a very minty smell, and I love that about lip products. so I've so excited to try these out! During this season (winter) my lips tend to get chapped and dry.But since these have Vitamin C, Jojoba and soybean ingredients, I'm hoping that these are good at preventing that while adding some color!
The colors I choose are (from left to right) Enchanted, Elite, Moody.


LORAC LUXE 8 HOUR WEAR LIPSTICK
I also purchased more lip products and decided to get these two Lorac Lux 8 hour Lipsticks.

I decided on these 2 colors, True Red and Orchid. The packaging reminds me of MAC's Pro Long wear lipsticks and they have very similar smells as well!

After swatching I found that the True red (left) is more on the orange-red side. And the Orchid was pretty true. Overall, I think they both look gorgeous swatched.

Now onto my e.l.f haul. For the most part, e.l.f. items are pretty affordable. But I noticed after searching the site this time around that there are $6 items. A few of which I bought during this haul. One of the great deals I found was this 11 piece brush set that was on sale for $2.50 . They always have great promotions on the site and although I didn't need new brushes I thought this was too good to pass up! I plan on adding this to my giveaways!

From left to right I have the HD Flawless Foundation, HD Mattifying Cream Foundation (in color Buff & Sand) and the HD Lifting Concealer (in light).

I previously purchased the foundation in Buff but I found that it was too dark. So when I was placing this order online, I got the lighter shade from the website in sand, I think I may have to mix them to get the right color for me.
(I currently have a review on the Cream Foundation and Concealer watch it here.) 

I wanted to try the e.l.f Lip Definer & Shaper that defines your lips to make them look more full. It's a two sided lip liner with a highlight and a jumbo liner in a neutral mauve color.
It was disappointing to find that the cap wouldn't stay on but other than that I really liked the color on the define side. Instead of on my lips, I would use the lighter side of the pencil in the inner tear ducts to highlight my eyes.



I saw this Daily moister stick  on the site and it was something that looked interesting. I've never seen anything similar to this so I was curious and decided to give it a shot. The consistency of this feels more like a gel than a cream or a lotion.

The stick is enriched with anti-aging, anti-oxidants, grape, coco, shea, avocado, macadamia, aloe and camomile. Although it has all of those ingredients in this stick, I was left feeling indifferent about the sent, because I feel like it was fragrance free.

I plan on trying all of these item's out and sharing my reviews and thoughts on these products on my Channel soon. Make sure to watch the full Haul :



Find all the products mentioned in this post below:

24 comments:

  1. I loved this video, i wish we could we tarte in the UK, jealous!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah!! The tarte lipsergents are nice, but after trying them the past two weeks i don't think they're necessarily worth the price! ELF and Flower beauty lip pencils/balms are just as good at the fraction of the price!

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy, just want to say how much I Love your blog, and your youtube channel! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and beauty reviews,I'm really enjoying reading about brands I haven't come across before! :)
    Love Bunty! xXx
    http://buntyliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bunty, Thanks for the support and watching my videos and reading the post today! I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying reading about these new brands ! I hope you find this post helpful! Let me know if you try them out.

      Delete
  3. For the elf moisture stick EmilyNoel suggests using this on top of your makeup mid day under your eyes to get rid of some concealer that has nested in creases or to stop it from looking dry. She actually named it in her Emily Awards for 2014!

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose some pretty colours of lip tints. I knew E.L.F. (Eyes Lips Face) was vegan and cruelty free - are Tarta's and Lorac's too? The Vitamin C, Jojoba and soybean ingredients sound good. I also knew E.L.F.'s prices were very reasonable. Brushes can be expensive. An 11 piece brush set for $2,50 is a jaw dropping mind-boggling give-away! You just sold me on the Daily Moisture Stick. Grape, coco, shea, avocado, macadamia, aloe and camomile? I want it!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much for frequently posting videos! I love your reviews, you are by far my favourite beauty guru! I get withdrawals when you don't post a video for a few days lol. Wish I could get your palette here in Australia:-( Thanks for your dedication to your channel! Xxxx Fontaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I've been on a roll recently so I'm glad you like what I've been posting! Thanks for watching and reading this post!

      Delete
  6. Hy Judy!
    I love all the frequent videos recently, they are really helpful, even though I can't get half of the products here in Slovenia, but I still love watching your reviews of them. Just wanted you to know that I also like your frequent updates of your blog. Keep it up! :) Even though I know it's going to be hard soon ;)
    ( And sorry about my English >.<)

    Love, Sara! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy! Thanks so much for posting this here. I saw your haul on your youtube channel before, but this really helps. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you doing the drugstore makeup reviews! I totally depend on the drugstore brands and have only a few makeup items of high end brands. Whenever I'm having a dilemma about something I just listen to you and that helps me a lot! I love love LOVE your youtube channels. You have a lovely family and a very precious daughter (which will be 3 very soon, exciting!). Thank you so so much for being there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this haul came just in time I had just places an order from elf when I seen this thank u for letting us be apart of your family lives o love watching ur guys vlogs and makeup videos my four year old loves watching to she always talks about juliana love u guys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy! Just wanted to say that I really appreciate and enjoy all of the recent beauty videos you've been posting up! You've saved me quite a few dollars on makeup by giving your honest opinion on foundations and what not. Thanks again! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy, I love hauls!! and from this one I`m very curious abot the ELF foundations, we don`t have ELF here in Argentina but when someone travel to USA I always ask them for some of their products. Have you guys are having a great day in Seattle!

    Kisses
    Val <3
    www.beautyval13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have some great products at affordable prices. It's worth a try! Have a wonderful day Val!

      Delete
  11. I am curious about all the products. I guess you do it for you guru vlogs but it must cost a fortune and what do you do with all the masses of stuff? Do you worry about the environmental implications and the animal testing and carcinogenic properties of products? These are sincere questions and I am totally not being mean. I have 3 teenage girls and they are easily influenced by the beauty gurus and think they have to buy all these expensive items.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow your blogs and you on facebook and your videos. I love JD and love all your beauty tips. You are my favorite
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're soo amazing for supporting me in all those ways!! Thank you for your support and your sweet comment!

      Delete
  13. Love the Lorac lipsticks! They look so rich :) Also I ordered from Elf once and I am amazed by their Essentials lipstick, so creamy and they quite moisturise my lips. I am disappointed a bit about their eyeshadow palettes but they're not that bad, especially for the price.
    And I just wanted to say, you influenced me to start my own blog(not quite ready for YT yet :3), I mean a lot of beauty gurus on YT did, but watching you actually made me do it. :) so, thank you. And your vlogs make me smile and giggle all the time. :D
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana, I appreciate you commenting on this post! It's amazing to hear that you started your own blog! I'm proud of you and it makes me smile to know I've influenced you to start it in some way! Wishing you the best!

      Delete
  14. I can't get enough of you, Judy, lol! I love your blog and your videos. You always look so amazing. I wish I would've had the motivation when I was expecting my now 6-month old. Best of luck with everything :)

    tinyrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the love on my blog and my channel! <3

      Delete
  15. Love your vlogs, you have the cutest family ever!!! It cracks me up Benji always cookin up something new ... Loved the perfect cookie
    Xoxo
    Go HAWKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! He cracks me up too!! And I sure did enjoy those cookies too!! Thanks for reading todays post and watching our vlogs!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...