Sunday, April 17, 2011

Searching for my Wedding Gown!


This is one of the more emotional steps to planning our wedding... finding the perfect wedding dress! I brought my mom and bridesmaid Celisse to come along with me to Alfred Angelo on this special day! I couldn't be more grateful for this wonderful opportunity! 

We arrived to Alfred Angelo early at 8:30AM. We had to come early before they opened in order to film comfortably. Chris and Shannon were so helpful, it made the whole experience stress free. To be honest, I was so nervous to try on these dresses, but you can tell I warmed up after the first few. My friend and Mom were very shy, they're so cute! Celisse said she wished we opened the bottle of champagne before hand. lol

Dress #1 felt overwhelming with all the boob action. The dress was a larger size, so Shannon added the pins to adjust to fit me. I could imagine it to look great on someone who doesn't have a full bust. Dress #2 had a beautiful corset top, but overall it was too frilly for me. Dress #3 was one of my top picks! I think I fell in love because it was the perfect fit for me, literally! Contoured to my body so well. It was a total fit and flair. and did you see that cute "whip creme" bottom? ADORABLE! The sweetheart neckline with jewels were so beautiful. Dress #4 is the Ariel dress from their Disney collection. It was the first dress that caught my attention to Alfred Angelo. I still think it's beautiful, just not for me. Its interesting how I felt like it was "the dress" from looking at it on the internet, but you'll never know til you try it on. Dress #5 is Mom's pick! Its a gorgeous dress that fit me perfectly. Sweet, fitted on top, and flared out in layers. I love how light weight it is too! She was quite persistent that I choose that one. I kept in mind that I respect my mom's wishes, yet I reminded myself that it is my wedding ;) Dress #6 was a complete no-go for me. It look like a barbie prom dress! Although I did love the convertible aspect of it. It would be the perfect reception dress! Dress #7 didn't catch my interest what so ever. My mom bluntly agreed as well. lol! With dress #8, I felt the same way. In the end, I narrowed down my favorite dresses to be #3 and #5. Which one is your favorite? 

Unfortunately, I won't reveal my final pick until our wedding! Sorry to leave you all in suspense, but I can't have Benji figuring out which one I choose. Which, by the way I made him promise me to never to watch this video anytime before our wedding! Although, he's aloud to "listen" as many times as he pleases.


Disclaimer: I couldn't feel more fortunate and grateful for Alfred Angelo to sponsor this video. Everything mentioned and expressed in this video are my own honest opinions.

21 comments:

  1. I thought you looked absolutely amazing in dresses #3 & #5! Definitely my top picks for you too!

    I cannot wait for your next wedding series! Better yet, the wedding! Congratulations again and best of luck!

    <3 Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked absolutely amazing in both your top picks and which ever one you choose you're gonna be radiant! Love the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get married :) You looked amazing in those dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! It's so great that you will always have this video to remember the experience, and share with your kids one day too! I can't wait to see which one you end up picking =)
    xx

    obsessionstolivefor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely #5
    i very very very veryyy like this.
    looks perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "mom's favorite" dress on you the best. It just suits you/your personality and your body the best. It's elegant without being too much. I can't wait to see which one you chose, coz either way I know you'll look gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. #3 and #5 looks great on you. I especially love the corset part of #3. overall, I think #5 looks best on you - it looked perfectly fitted on you. you're so beautiful, Judy! congratulations to you again :) man, watching this video made me teary-eyed! I'm going to be moving out to where you are after I get married because my fiance is there :) hopefully we'll be able to meet then ^_^. take care and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I go with the two top picks ... I super-like the jewels on #3 and the flow of the bottom on #5. Whichever one you choose would look amazing anyways! They both complement your bod. Sooooooo excited for the reveal! T-Jo says "It's Judy Time!" -yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! judy! (: i'm so happy for you! I loved the more traditional one of your final two. It has a sort of classic elegance to it that will look absolutely beautiful and fashionable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love #3 and #5 on you the most out of all the dresses you tried on! In my family and many Asian weddings, the girls wear like 3-8 dresses on their wedding day.. including the tradition dress in the morning but typically 3-5 for the night time, that includes one white wedding dress and the others are just in colors. They both look so pretty! I would of probably got both and one in a color c[= but that's just how my family does it, at least for the girls. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Alfred Angelo! Mine is the Belle design... I got the design from the website! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy,
    I like much your blog and your videoes.
    Congratulation for your wedding, I write to you from Spain and I marry in September too. I would like that you were doing a few tutoriales of makeup for wedding. I liked so much tutorial of Just a dream.

    Thank you for your tutoriales
    He excuses for my English

    ReplyDelete
  13. the 2 you picked are beautiful! i had an alfred angelo as well and loved my dress. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations for your wedding, Judy!!! You look stunning in all these dresses! Dress #4, the Ariel dress from the Disney collection is my favorite! It's elegant, beautiful and perfect! can't wait to see which one you chose! Best of luck and have a wonderful time on your wedding day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, you are going to look so beautiful on your special day. I LOVED your "mom's pick." It fit you to a T and looked timeless and classic. I can't wait to see which dress you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love number 3. you look so beautiful! ya right the corset top fitted the body and all :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so hard to choose bw 3 and 5! You look gorgeous in both but i'm going to choose the one your mom liked. there's just this classic elegance that will look so timeless in your photos. This reminded me of when I went with my sister a few months ago to pick her wedding dress. That's really when reality sets in that your getting married. So happy for you and Benji!

    ReplyDelete
  18. judy i can't really believe how could i not see your blog before!it is the most lively blog i have ever seen :)i came across with you at the video which your man-benji- does your makeup.-i watched it over and over again, because you had so much fun and love which i could barely see and me myself had so much fun watching :) how lovely a couple could be more!nooo way!now i know which blog i will be checking everyday:) have a very happy and lovely life together <3 i really mean it and say it by heart:) wish we could be friends :) loves loves!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ive been watching you on Youtube since 2009 and I am so happy for you.
    You are gonna look stunning on your big day! Best wishes from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with your mom..the fifth wedding dress is perfect for you. It fits your body very well, and you look very pretty. I think your husband would be blown away by how stunning you are when you start walking down that aisle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...